Why Full-Stack Developers are in Huge Demand?
In the world of software development, we likely face a question from time to time about what exactly is full-stack development. This is one question that we’re often asked due to the increase in popularity of these types of services or companies in recent years.
One of the tech industry’s fastest-growing sectors is full-stack development. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects that by 2024, the demand for full-stack developers would increase by 27%. With the advent of new technologies, full-stack developers are becoming valuable to any company. In this article, we will discuss what exactly is full-stack development and then we will move on to the next section. Where we will throw light on the reasons why full-stack developers are in demand.
What is Full-Stack Development?
Full-stack development refers to the use of all programming languages in software development. It is typically used when building applications that are designed to be able to handle a variety of environments and situations such as mobile, web, and desktop platforms. It’s also advantageous because it allows developers the freedom to code any application they wish while being able to maintain its design across multiple devices.
Reasons for the Full-Stack Developers to be in Demand:
Lately, there has been a trend of companies seeking out full-stack developers. What does this mean? The meaning is that they are not locked into one specific role. You can wear many hats as a developer and will be used to cover the gaps within a project. It will reduce production costs and keep work moving if someone falls behind or needs to take time off.
Full-Stack Developers are in demand for the following reasons:
- They have a wide scope of different programming languages.
- They have experience in different platforms (One more reason to hire full-stack developers is that within the industry, there is a discussion about the rise of mobile development and the availability of APIs for each platform).
- They can deal with multiple technologies effectively.
- They are able to work in a dynamic environment, which is a competitive market of technology.
- They are self-motivated because they have a lot of responsibilities and their clients expect only the best from their development team.
- They can be assigned as project managers to complete complex tasks because they have so many roles at once and can be used on different types of projects.
- They can think ahead before making expensive mistakes.
- The knowledge they gain will make them more valuable as developers and worth their salary- this is true for any other job out there that requires specialization.
- They can develop any software, which is why they are needed in the market.
- They can understand the client’s needs and can communicate with him effectively.
- They can deal with security threats and protect their clients from hackers. Since they deal with both sides of the security (their servers and clients’ servers) they are able to protect their clients from attacks.
- They have to deal with legal procedures, data privacy, compliance, and secure coding practices.
- They have to learn about multi-language platforms, which makes them better problem solvers for other issues.
The Skills Required to Become a Full-Stack Developer are the Following:
Database knowledge is necessary for a full-stack developer. They have to work with different types of databases — MySQL and Oracle, for example — and their respective syntaxes (SQL).
HTML and CSS coding
You need to have at least basic knowledge of HTML (in order to read it) and CSS (if you want to build webpages from scratch).
A full-stack developer needs to be familiar with back-end development. He/she should be able to write server-side code such as ASP.NET, Java, or python, etc. It is vital for building a backend API (Application Programming Interface) and managing application data stored in a server.
A full-stack developer needs to be able to use cloud services. Such as Google Cloud Platform, Amazon AWS, or Azure. If he/she wants to build a scalable application with high availability.
Project management skills
It’s not easy to run a project even if you have programming skills, database knowledge, and the other skills required. A full-stack developer should know how to manage the project well. He/she should be familiar with the Agile approach and practices such as Scrum, Kanban or Waterfall, etc.
Full-stack developers must have advanced knowledge of the entire software development cycle. They must be able to use many state-of-the-art tools and advanced programming languages such as Node.JS, React.JS, Python and Java, etc. They must also be familiar with advanced technology including data storage options, distributed systems, databases, and other APIs. Those who want to become full-stack developer needs the assistance of these languages. For those aspirants, reputed institutes are providing full-stack development courses. Skills required on the job as a full-stack developer include knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP), design patterns, LINQ, and other application programming interfaces (APIs) as well. They must also be able to manage complex dependencies throughout the entire application, such as interaction with servers, databases, and external services. All this knowledge will be provided by these courses.